It has been 1,5 year since I left Appcelerator and after a short adventure at The Things Network I joined Zapier about a year ago. From mobile, to long-range wireless hardware to a platform that connects 750+ cloud apps.
No More Titanium
I’m at my best when I can focus. That focus is now Zapier.
I haven’t touched Titanium much since I left Appcelerator and have been slowly handing over projects. Since I don’t have any time and interest in maintaining them further, it would be a waste to see them slowly fade away.
One of my most well-known projects for the Titanium community is gitTio – the search engine and package manager for Titanium modules and Alloy widgets.
To ensure the continuity of gitTio and build it out further, Axway Appcelerator acquired gitTio a few months ago. As you may have noticed it received a paint job recently, so I thought it was a good moment to break the news :)
At the same time I’m also transferring most other remaining OSS projects to Jason Kneen, the current lead-community at Axway Appcelerator.
If you’re interested in contributing or maintaining a project, please contact him by creating an issue in the repo.
- TiCons: CLI and Server to generate icons for Titanium apps
- TiNY: CLI that wraps the Appcelerator and Titanium CLIs
- appc-npm: CLI to turn Titanium and Alloy components into NPM packages
- ti-i18n: CLI to generate and manage i18n strings
- ti-stealth: CLI and NPM package to replace and restore console log calls
- nl.fokkezb.color: Alloy widget for a cross-platform color picker
- nl.fokkezb.form: Alloy widget for forms
- nl.fokkezb.toast: Alloy widget for cross-platform Android toast-like notifications
- nl.fokkezb.drawer: Alloy widget for cross-platform drawer menus
- nl.fokkezb.html2as: CommonJS module to parse HTML into Attributed Strings
- nl.fokkezb.colorpick: Module for an iOS color picker
- nl.fokkezb.magicpie: Module for iOS pie charts
- UTiL: Collection of utility libraries for Titanium and Alloy
Every now and then I stop by at the Titanium Netherlands Meetup to say hi and hear the latest rumours.. ahum, news about Appcelerator. It was a great ride, but it’s time to hand over my toy cars!
Take good care of gitTio!
Thanks a lot for everything you did for the Titanium platform. Personally I would also like to thank you for helping me out during some dark days…
One tool I miss in the list above is ticons. Will that be handed over also?
Wishing you all the luck with whatever your steps will be!
Thanks! I’ll discuss TiCons with Jason as well. Thanks for reminding me about that one.