It has been 1,5 year since I left Appcelerator and after a short adventure at The Things Network I joined Zapier about a year ago. From mobile, to long-range wireless hardware to a platform that connects 750+ cloud apps.
No More Titanium
I’m at my best when I can focus. That focus is now Zapier.
I haven’t touched Titanium much since I left Appcelerator and have been slowly handing over projects. Since I don’t have any time and interest in maintaining them further, it would be a waste to see them slowly fade away.
One of my most well-known projects for the Titanium community is gitTio – the search engine and package manager for Titanium modules and Alloy widgets.
To ensure the continuity of gitTio and build it out further, Axway Appcelerator acquired gitTio a few months ago. As you may have noticed it received a paint job recently, so I thought it was a good moment to break the news :)
At the same time I’m also transferring most other remaining OSS projects to Jason Kneen, the current lead-community at Axway Appcelerator.
If you’re interested in contributing or maintaining a project, please contact him by creating an issue in the repo.
- TiCons: CLI and Server to generate icons for Titanium apps
- TiNY: CLI that wraps the Appcelerator and Titanium CLIs
- appc-npm: CLI to turn Titanium and Alloy components into NPM packages
- ti-i18n: CLI to generate and manage i18n strings
- ti-stealth: CLI and NPM package to replace and restore console log calls
- nl.fokkezb.color: Alloy widget for a cross-platform color picker
- nl.fokkezb.form: Alloy widget for forms
- nl.fokkezb.toast: Alloy widget for cross-platform Android toast-like notifications
- nl.fokkezb.drawer: Alloy widget for cross-platform drawer menus
- nl.fokkezb.html2as: CommonJS module to parse HTML into Attributed Strings
- nl.fokkezb.colorpick: Module for an iOS color picker
- nl.fokkezb.magicpie: Module for iOS pie charts
- UTiL: Collection of utility libraries for Titanium and Alloy
Every now and then I stop by at the Titanium Netherlands Meetup to say hi and hear the latest rumours.. ahum, news about Appcelerator. It was a great ride, but it’s time to hand over my toy cars!
Take good care of gitTio!