Monitor Node.js releases
As an example of Zapier’s flexibility, here’s how I use it to monitor changes in only a very specific part of a website. In this example I monitor Node.js for new releases.
- Create a new Zap.
- As trigger, use Webhook / Retrieve Poll.
- Under Edit Options, enter the URL of the webpage to monitor, e.g.
- Open the URL in Chrome.
- Open DevTools (
F12, Ctrl + Shift + Ior
Cmd + Opt + I).
- Inspect the element you’d like to monitor. For Node.js I selected the left green download button that (currently) says v6.9.1 LTS Recommended For Most Users.
- Right click the element in the DOM and select Copy > Copy XPath:
Paste it in the Xpath field of the trigger’s options.
- As action, I selected Email / Send Outbound Email.
Edit the template as you like. You can use the fragment you have selected using the XPath in most of the fields, e.g. the Body:
Test to verify that from now on, you’ll be notified of new Node.js versions via email.